Improving your Speaking with Connected speech practicePosted: July 25, 2015
Hello Listening and Speaking Writing Workshop Participants!
We have been looking at some examples of connected speech in the listening and speaking workshop. The example we saw is from Elemental English videos on Youtube. Watch them in order to improve your speaking and connected speech. We also saw videos on Richard’s site, Lingua Spectrum.
Rachel’s English is another great place to listen to learn how to speak well in English.
Please practice listening on this really great site for listening and practicing with accent reduction is
Your task for this week’s workshop:
1. Practice Reading the Tongue twisters with connected speech. Choose one that you will record on an online site.
2. Register as a member on Voicethread.com.
3. Record your tongue twister on your Voicethread account.
4. Save and share your recording on Voicethread.
5. Write a comment to this post. Include your name and the URL of your recording. Here is an example:
Hello, this is Ellen and this is the URL of my Voicethread recording. http://voicethread.com/#thread/6931563/36698731/38009101. Enjoy!